Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Do You Have The Right To Say What You Think...


I Say What I Think, Living From Glory To Glory Blog

I Say What I Think

There are many people that think and boast that this a fine quality!
They call this being honest, and feel they have the right to fling words,
around like they were spreading fertilizer on their spring grass.
With no thought of whom they might wound or harm...
Did you know that even fertilizer can kill a wild grass or a tender new shoot?

Saying what you think can be downright cruel!
Our thoughts and words are not to be used as a reckless means of communications!
Be mindful of the words you speak;
Be not like the lion seeking to whom he may devour!

There are ways to say and speak our minds, with tack!
And also will bring a sweet balm...

We have no right to leave a trail of;
Bad Humor
Jealousy
Critical Words
Miserable with oneself

Speaking our evil thoughts and hurtful words!
Beware...

I have heard it said, I have earned my right to speak my mind!
NOT TRUE

We are told to grow in wisdom and grace.

I grieve when I remember a few times when a women spewed her mind,
(And they said; "what's her problem")

Her problem is this;
She is mad, has not learned self control, is abusive with her words!

Learning to take every thought captive is what I desire to accomplish!
Even if it requires biting my tongue!

Because bitter words, never produce good!

Words lovingly and softly spoken will bring a better outcome!

Sometimes, this is just not always easy;
This is why it is important to be well rested and eating well,
So you do not become a grumpy person!

As always sharing with you what I am learning or have learned the hard way!
Hugs...
Roxy
Living From Glory To Glory Blog


12 comments:

  1. Wow, this is very timely and a balm to my soul. Just yesterday, a family member spoke their mind to me and was very hurtful. They are supposed to be the elder generation, the ones that should know better ... I was aghast and not sure what to say. Thankfully, they walked out and I had all night to think of a response. I will respond in love and not say everything that is on my mind.
    Thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise words. I have felt lately that if more people heeded this kind of advice our world would be a much better place. Thank you again for a timely post.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have heard it said many times by people who think it is funny to not have a filter over their mouth...you are so right, we should grow in wisdom and grace and season our words with love. Great post Roxy!! I appreciate the truth you share here, blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Roxy. The hatred and mean spirited words that is spewed by some folks today is just plain evil. All you have to do is turn on the TV. Thanks for sharing this truth. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. When we walk with the Lord leading, He will cause us to take a step back..pause...take our finger off the keyboard, or close our mouth, take a deep breath and continue on with our dignity in tact, knowing in our heart we chose the narrow way, which takes discipline and self control. Blessings to you and thank you, your words are always encouraging. ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had these words when someone speaks cruel words out of pride, or self-righteousness! Some people actually think that speaking their mind is a good trait!?
    Maybe muzzles should be worn by humans, not just dogs!!! lol
    Wise words today, Roxy. Thank you for being such a willing vessel.
    Love you.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxy, I follow your blog posts often. Over the past year and 4 months I have been harrassed by a jealous family member. This person reads things into everything I say or do, twists what I've said, jumps to conclusions and more. No matter how I've tried to calm them they insist on having their own way. This matter is tearing My family apart. I finally got fed up with this person and spoke my mind.
    To be honest I've had such peace since I did. However it's not stopped this person from attacking other members of my family. This person is very dramatic and manipulating. I have appologize, but this person isn't interested in anything but control of others.
    Am I better off just staying away from this person?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this! You have such a way of saying it with grace and gentle truth. Yes, I have often heard it said that people have earned the way to speak harshly.... but you so perfectly put it that we are to grow in wisdom and grace.
    I have also learned to bite my tongue and to seek to only speak words that are beneficial. Do I do it perfectly..no...but I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Informative article, just what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is power in the spoken word...power to uplift....power to tear down....
    Power to bless...power to curse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always Roxy I love reading your letters to us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great verse to remember.

    Proverbs 17:28
    “Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.”

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother