Monday, November 21, 2016

Little Is Much If God Is In It...


When my heart is full and overflowing with gratitude...

Sometimes we can get so busy and occupied that we can miss what is right in
front of our faces. We have so many blessings!

Firstly, we have the creation to show us that we have a creator!

We have family and friends!
We have fellowship of the brethren!

Gratitude is a choice and even if we have but a little we have much!

"Little is much if God is in it"

We can get stuck in the wrong way of thinking;
We are told that unless we do something big, we are but an unimportant person.
Some are fulfilled in their important jobs,
But we have all heard this statement;
Never have we heard a dying man say this;
"I wish I had worked more hours"

Doing what God has called you to do is a big thing!

This big thing may be rocking a wee little child in the middle of the night.
A big thing might be sewing on a loose button on a shirt or a winter coat.

A big thing might be speaking a word in season.
Encouragement is no small matter, dear ones!

A big thing might be showing hospitality to a stranger.

I am learning to do what I can in little ways;
A little here and a little there...

Please give your husband a big bear hug today!
Smile a really kind smile to someone who looks overwhelmed!
Bake a plate of cookies and give them to a neighbor!
Pray for those you see on the highway and the byways!

Blessings, Living From Glory To Glory








9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Bible verses is,
    "Let all that you do be done in love."
    1 Corinthians 16:14
    Now, I'm off to give a big hug to my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more. Everything we do, no matter how big or small, if done for the Lord, matters. The lady I worked for used to sing that song all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roxy, Beautiful post my friend and yes, we all have so much to be thankful for. All the little things add up to a heavy load of blessings.
    Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to all those things. Here to wish you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving week! I imagine that you are happily preparing for Thanksgiving Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog post title drew me in because it's so true. It's difficult sometimes to keep looking at the blaring big stuff that can sometimes overwhelm when we have all the little blessings around us that can warm our hearts. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the reminder of the little things. To us often things are little, but to those on the receiving end it's big. True gratitude is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Roxy, yes we all do have a lot to be thankful for. I enjoyed your uplifting post today! :) I am thankful for sweet blog friends like you!!
    I hope you have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is all the little things in life that add up to the big things, and I always try to remember that, such a good reminder shared in a beautiful way by you today! Praying the Lord blesses your Thanksgiving in a beautiful way with love, fellowship, and blessing upon blessing in the Lord. Hugs to you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother