Monday, April 4, 2016

Beware Of Some Of The Adult Coloring Books...


Beware Of Some Of The Adult Coloring Books...

So many ladies have been going wild over the new craze of adult coloring books!
In the beginning of this new fad, it was very hard to find these adult books.
Many ladies ordered these online.
Then many stores starting carrying these coloring books!
Some of them had a bend towards New Age!
Also, they were laced with Hinduism symbols.

Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


I think many times we think these little things do not matter.
But after giving it some thought and reading some negative information on these types,
of coloring books. I now feel that it deserves a warning!


A mandala is that beautiful circle pattern that looks like it would be impossible to draw free hand. 
It is also a “spiritual and ritual symbol in Indian religions, representing the universe.
 In common use, mandala has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a microcosm of the universe.”
(Wikipedia)

I have been given two really lovely coloring books...
The design is sweet and very beautiful!
You can feel very artistic and creative with the colors you choose to use.

Many women have expressed that by coloring it helps them relax!
It can be very soothing and yet interesting enough to use your brain.
So if you are using, these adult coloring books, I do hope they
Are the ones that are pretty and do not contain these things.

I believe engaging in even patterns that carry a motif that is not christian,
is not really very wise in a choice of design.

I realize that many will think this is a bit nit picky, but I have learned
that even in the small things we can make choices that bring glory to God.

The coloring should be fun and safe and not opening oneself to Zen or meditation!
Just because everyone else is using them does not make them safe!

You can color, but purchase ones without all that stuff.
It is rather fun to find a sweet coring book and I loved buying new coloring pencils!

Have you purchased a coloring book?
Have you enjoyed coloring?

I do hope you all have a blessed and creative week!

Blessings, Roxy


16 comments:

  1. I have considered it, but then dismiss it as something I really don't need to do. If I am going to engage in something like that, I would rather take art lessons and do something myself. There are other ways to relax or de-stress. And when I was in one of the large bookstores one day, I did take note of the kind of coloring books you are writing about. I agree. We have to be careful in the smallest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Roxy, for exposing this for what it is! My Emma is currently colouring in two books that are lovely. However, we will keep a sharp eye out for any that have New Age tendencies or symbols....I appreciate your warning! Happy Monday to you! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy, I think you are very wise to give this disclaimer about the adult coloring books and the new age material found in many of them. I feel the same way you do...that Christians should be mindful about which books they choose. I haven't bought any adult coloring books, but I saw some pretty Christian ones with beautiful floral designs and Bible verses from www.Christianbook.com.

    I hope that you have a wonderful day!

    Sincerely,
    Sarah in GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of friends that are into the adult coloring books. They all tell me it relaxes them, but I have had similar concerns to yours. I used to love to color as a child...now I relax by knitting and crocheting. So I think I'll stay with that. I did just see a brand new Christian theme coloring book on Amazon, complete with BIble verse to go with the picture. I wish I could remember the name.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you! Color'er beware.
    I find that if I read, go for a walk, nap, listen to music or even blog, I can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Roxy for writing this post! These colouring books are very dangerous and just lead people into these false religions that they come from. It's like people taking christian yoga...the two just don't mix no matter how beautiful or interesting they may seem!
    "Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen" 1 John:5:21

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you! It is wise to avoid anything that even leans towards the occult, even when it involves something as harmless as coloring.
    Satan is the master deceiver, always seeking to destroy. Thanks for the warning :-)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wise advice Roxy. I bought my girls Secret Garden by Johanna Basford one of the original colouring books that came out with its delightful illustrations of gardens and floral patterns and bugs and butterflies to find that was maybe aimed more at children. I actually find it a little sad now that so many publishers have jumped on the bandwagon and that there are a plethora of 'copycats', not identical but very similar books being mass produced. It seems to be all about profit for publishers rather than supporting an artist likely to be working from a home studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I just gave one to a Lady in the nursing home. Guess I should look more closely at things.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. You probably have seen my post about coloring books. I have purchased a couple for myself and some from friends and family members. The ones I choose are filled with scripture and others are all Psalms with beautiful floral designs and Christian symbols. I do agree that some of them seem a little New Age and I am thankful that I have discernment in that area. It is relaxing and fun but I did find that just like many things, the "newness" wore off before too long and I put them away for a while. I will get them out again one day, maybe on a rainy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, Roxy. The coloring books can be fun(I have two of them)but you have to be careful when choosing the designs. You can't judge a book by it's pretty cover.
    Love you, sweet friend.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Google "christian coloring book for adults" and you will see many adult Christian coloring books with scripture for anyone who might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sharing this, Roxy, with my 76-year-old mother who decided to try yoga once, thinking it was merely "exercises." She found out how incorrect that misconception truly is. Perhaps a yoga post is in order as well. Society lies to Americans about other cultures. We must go to the etymology, the true meaning, the history behind everything "foreign" to us. I live overseas. I KNOW!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    P.S. And don't even read the rest of a comment that starts to "go south." Your beautiful eyes aren't garbage cans. "Whatsoever things..." We need your voice today, Roxy, teaching what is RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roxy, What a good 'heads up!' We continually need the Holy Spirit to lead us in all things. Discernment always. Agree with the ladies concerning the influences that yoga can exercise (pun?) over us.
    When hospice was helping us with end-of-life care for my sweet daughter, they suggested Reiki for me. I read about it and ran to the arms of the Savior for comfort instead. The world doesn't understand. Deedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go Roxy go! Thank you for sharing truth.
    Just got a book for my daughter from Zonderkidz.
    It's the kids' and teens' section of Zondervan.
    You'll see a review soon.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many kids love to color and adults encourage this aspiration in their children. However, sooner or later people stop supporting creative activities like coloring and instead encourage more “important” academic studies. coloring books for adults

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother