Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Choose Joy...

 


Today can be the first day of a new way of responding!
We all have heard it many times,
Choose Joy...

Well have you?

We can be smack dab in a midst of a trial;
And we can still choose joy,
Now, I will grant you this, it is a bit more of a challenge, 
To choose joy when things are not going smooth.
But this is where we can exercise our choices.

I know that it all my years of knowing Christ as my Savior,
I can say this with all my heart;
Even in the midst of a trial I can pray and He has given me His peace.
Maybe nothing changed:
But I did, deep down inside...
Peace, then joy...
Trial still there? "Yes"
But I will choose joy, every time because He asked me to!

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way
So when sorrows like sea billows blow, Whatever my lot,
Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well
 With my soul.
It is well with my soul.

13 comments:

  1. I always try to choose Joy even when there are days when Joy seems very elusive. Great post, Roxy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was perfectly time after a very hard evening with our son , finding joy can be hard but necessary.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Roxy.
    God is good all the time.
    All the time, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Roxy and relate to it so much! I do choose joy..in the midst or trials and even sorrow, I choose joy. I went through something a few weeks ago with a close family member...something I didn't think I would ever have to deal with, and I chose to see the blessing in it instead of dwelling on the negative. It is so much better to choose joy...thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Roxy and it all so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Rox, it is so true. I choose joy, because I trust in Him, in HIs goodness, in His promise that He has me in the Palm of His hand. I know that I don't always understand what is going on, and fear does want to rise up, but to choose joy is to establish our faith in Him and in nothing else.
    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reminding me and exhorting me.

    I've added your blog to my sidebar.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choosing joy is the best way to achieve happiness. Like you said, even through trials we can choose to be sad and angry or choose to find the good and joy. Great topic Roxy!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Singing this song, brings peace to my troubled heart. Such an awesome reminder that we can choose which attitude to take. To be renewed in the attitude of our minds, is a spiritual discipline that I must deliberately choose.

    BTW, the mailbox with flowers is beautiful! Is this your photo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a blessing to visit with you here! I choose JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roxy...I have been there so many times...one moment in excruciating pain in my heart so deep that almost paralyzes...then, without explanation, peace returns. The problem remains...but peace returns. Thanks be to our Lord. I don't ever want to lose my joy, no matter circumstances come my way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes!
    Spread sunshine all over the place—and put on a happy face!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother